Friday, 18 February 2011

TOO MANY BUFFETS

Warren Buffet is coming to India.  Welcom Mr.Buffet.  I do not know whether this is your first visit to India, but I do hope it will certainly not be the last!!  In India, we do not have anybody who can be compared to you.  A few people tried to reach your heights thru some short-cuts,but eventually ended up where such people always do - in Jail.  But I am glad we do not have too many like you in India.  My theory is simply this:  You always buy the stock when it is low, and sell when it is high.  But imagine, if every investor is of your mind-set, then everyone will try to buy the same stock at the same time - its price will go up, and it will become too expensive before you realise it.  Same case with selling also.  So, it needs some not so bright people to keep the stock market functioning - people like me.  Incidentally, I intend to start a service called "Do the opposite" in which I will be posting which all stocks I intend to buy, and which are the stocks I intend to sell.  Invariably, my experince is that whenever I buy a stock its value comes down, and when I sell a stock, its price goes up dramatically the next day.  So, all my customers have to do is to buy the stock I am selling, and sell the stocks I am buying.  If my past experience is any guide, my customers will make money soon.  But they have to give me commission for the "wrong" advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment